Tell Me a Story – Nonfiction Audiobook Narration Technique / Workshop Description
Who: Nationally known audiobook narrator and teacher Sean Pratt. He has been a working actor for over 30 years and audiobook narrator for 20 years (aka – Lloyd James), recording over 1,000 books in almost every genre and has received 8 AudioFile Magazine “Earphones” awards and 5 “Audie” nominations from the Audio Publishers Association.
Currently, Sean coaches performers on audiobook narration technique, as well as teaching classes on and writes articles about the Business of the Biz. www.seanprattpresents.com
What: Tell Me a Story – Nonfiction Audiobook Narration Technique
Join Sean as he ‘dives into the weeds’ of nonfiction narration technique. In this 3½-hour workshop he will cover such important concepts as:
· The ‘TED Talk’ performance concept Sean uses for all of his narration projects.
· Finding the ‘spine of the paragraph’ and why it is essential to enhancing your overall performance.
· ‘Paragraph Colors’ - The idea of finding clues in the language to use as subtext in a paragraph to create variation in your narration.
· The ‘Four Voices of Nonfiction’ technique and how to use it to sharpen your performance for the listener.
Sean will provide several text examples and articles during the workshop.
In addition to directing your reads and providing feedback, Sean Pratt offers you an incisive look into his text preparation process, giving you invaluable skills that you will be able to apply to ANY nonfiction audiobook. These skills will help you to identify and embrace the book’s genre and style, to make appropriate acting choices, and learn how to deal with many of the particular challenges of nonfiction!
When: April 27th, 2019 – From 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Where: Hilton Garden Inn – Phoenix Midtown
4000 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Map & Direction - https://tinyurl.com/yxw4ngbr
Class size is limited to only EIGHT people who will work with Sean!
· $150 – By check or Pay Pal
· $120 – For members of the following groups: AEA, SAG, AFTRA.
OR you can audit the workshop!
· $100 – If you wish to observe the class. Space is limited!
· To RSVP; please contact - email@example.com . Please put “April 27th Workshop” in the subject line and let me know if you’re a member of one of the discounted groups!
Sean Pratt offers his “NO KIDDING” money back guarantee. “If you’re not satisfied after the first hour of one of my workshops…if you feel it’s a waste of your time, then I’ll refund your money right then and there. NO KIDDING!”
Why: Because nonfiction narration makes up 25% of the audiobook market! It stands to reason that a narrator should be able to tackle this genre in order to expand their possibilities for working in the audiobook industry.